Why a multi-colored life?





A Multi-Colored Life








This blog is named after the above painting I did in the spring of this year. It was reproduced into a 12 ft. x 16 ft. billboard and displayed at an outdoor art exhibit celebrating diversity. I called it a Multi-Colored Life because I wanted to show how a face that does not fit what the media wants to portray as a conventional 'beauty' IS beautiful because of its character, individuality and diversity. To strip away what makes a person different is taking away what is unique and special and you are left with something flat and bland. I named this painting, and now this blog A Multi-Colored Life because what I want to do is live a life full of color, variety and diversity!











When I thought of writing a blog I thought of what I wanted it to be about. I decided on using my photography and painting to show what inspires me and my take on the world around me. I enjoy finding beauty in the small, simple, every day things of life.

I saw a book recently that wrote about '1000 places to see before you die'. Well I know I will not see those places and decided that I do not have to travel the world to feel that I have seen something unique and special. I will look for it in my world right before me and use that as my inspiration. I will look at my world, see it in a different way and paint my expression of it. This is the beginning of just that!

Comments

Popular Posts