My Cornfield Room!


This is a 'work in progress' and a cornerstone piece for my cornfield / garden themed room. I am creating this to be used in my show room off of my studio to showcase my decorative arts and fine art pieces. More to come will include sunflower chairs and end table, a painted terra cotta garden table, painted floor cloth and hooked rug and pillow most of which will use recycled materials. My goal is to create atmosphere with aesthetically pleasing functional art using recycled materials when I am able.


I chose this theme because of the vibrant colors and also to extend, at least inside, the feeling of late summer. Ohio can have some dreary winters so this is to break that up and maybe give off some of that carefree, time goes on forever feeling of a lazy summer day. I do plan on adding some chicken paintings to this room similar to what is on the outside murals I painted at Lehman's in Kidron, Ohio.
I will post more as they develop. To see completed work, my murals or to buy prints of my artwork please visit my web site at http://www.suesteiner.com/.


Thanks for looking!


Comments

jafabrit said…
What a lovely idea. I love seeing the cornfields in Ohio and yes winter is so dreary. I bet your room will look lovely. I really like how you have captured the light on the stalks. I also love chickens, so I look forward to seeinga photo of your room when it's done :)
Thank you! I was intrigued by how the light reached into the rows of corn with that bright, pea green color contrasted against the deep shadowy blues and purples. the colors were beautiful and there was a clear, bright blue sky to top it all off. Hopefully I will be able to convey all of that in this art and also get to do some more work on it this week end! The ideas are nice but finishing is good too! :) Thank you for looking and thank you for your encouragment!
Blog By Mariyam said…
I really like your post. Keep it up!! See my site Agro Pro. Thanks!!!
Blog By Mariyam said…
I really like your post. Keep it up!! See my site Agro Pro. Thanks!!!

Popular Posts