He's The Man!







I thought I would share with you one of my early watercolor paintings I call 'He's The Man!' since I am in a chicken painting mode with the Buggy Barn project. This piece is actually a mixed media painting of watercolor and pastels which I did real quick one day just playing around. I was experimenting with the watercolors which were new to me at the time. I think this chicken looks fierce and self righteous, which is how a rooster WOULD think of himself, don't ya think?




Comments

Pat said…
I love roosters - well, chickens. ;) And this one does look like he thinks "he's the man," just like any self-respecting rooster would. Love the picture!
Thank you Pat for your lovely comments. Its amazing how much personality is packed into those little chicken brains, isn't it?
Marlies Bailey said…
your rooster portrait reminds me of a rooster I had a few years ago that was every bit as fierce and regal as this one. I called him Hapsburg. Miss him alot!
Marlies

Popular Posts