MCC Relief Sale

We are about a month away from the annual MCC Relief Sale in Kidron, Ohio. I am thinking of what I would like to make to donate. Quilts are the big item and are spectacular! My favorite thing to do is watch the auctioneers in the big tent auction off the quilts. I am not a quilter though and like to participate in this good cause. I do like to do mixed media so I have began doing some research on quilt patterns. Here is an interesting article from a few years ago on Amish Quilts. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE7D71239F936A35757C0A964958260

I may do something along the lines of a Patchwork Quilt of Amish Art Hmmm.... I will keep you posted as to what comes together. In the meantime check back to see new artwork and 'work in progress' pics here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Sue, I saw your link on the discover Ohio website, so I just had to come for a visit. I like what I see.I'm adding you to mt reader,and adding a link to you from my blog rolls on both my wordpress site and my blogger site. I hope that you are haveing a great day! Big time Hugs and God's Love and Blessings headed your way!That's my story and i'm sticking to it.
Anonymous said…
Thank you mjgolch. I visited your blog-- it is very nice. I especially liked the photo of the covered bridge.

Thanks for stopping by and take care!

Popular Posts