Horse Painting A Day, Oct.21. 2008








This is what I did today. Oil paint on 9 x 12 canvas. I will post a couple of the steps along the way so you can see the process. One of the things i really liked about this image was the diagonal lines in the horse's body so I tried to carry that theme over in sutble ways elsewhere. This is Ricco, my newest 'muse' and addition to my horse family. He is a 4 months old colt out of my TB mare and my amish neighbor's dutch carriage horse from down the road. The stallion is drop dead gorgeous and a very good minded horse. Ricco is showing signs of an equally tolerate temperament. Yesterday I threw a bareback pad (just the pad-- no rider!!!) on him to see what he would do. He did not bat an eye. He also is wanting scratches from me over his food when I go out to feed. What a doll baby!! You'll likely see more paintings of Ricco. :)






2