What Happens When an Artist Cleans her Studio....

I started off with good intentions.  I wanted to get my home studio organized.  Sounds like a plan except that when I got into my studio space I had been feeling kind of edgy having not painted for a couple days.  I often find if I give my creative urges an outlet I feel better and I can settled down to do the mundane tasks at hand with more focus.  And sometimes not.

I had guessoed a large board so I decided I would do a quick abstract face similar to this:

So I got my camera and started painting and taking photos until things veered of course.....
















This is created in part with old artwork.  I will let it dry, lighten some of the yellows and greens and then seal it.

Comments

Miccosukee said…
Fascinating work! Amazing what you can come up with at times. You are so versatile!

Trisha
Thank you Trisha for your kind words. I actually had a ball doing this and what I didn't get to write because my husband kept talking to me while I wrote the original post was that much of the paper came from old artwork. I did a paper collage very early on when I began making art in 2003-04 ish of a garden path. I modeled this after that piece so it kind of represented coming full circle again by getting back to what inspires me but letting it evolve also.

Popular Posts