Buggy Barn Mural 'Work in Progress'





This is what I did today at Lehman's in the Buggy Barn! This is an Amish family cow. Jersey's are often used as a family cow by the Amish. When we had our organic farm my husband bought 6-8 Jersey steers one year to graze on our pastures for grass fed beef. They were obviously once bottle fed babies because they were so curious and friendly. My husband brought them home, put them out on our pastures and I told him as soon as I laid eyes on them that they were too beautiful to eat! I become a vegetarian for several years after that! :) I have Arab horses and to me Jersey's look like the cow equivalent of Arabian horses with their big eyes and dished faces.

To see more of my artwork go to http://www.suesteiner.com/ For information on horse or pet portraits e-mail me at artbysue@hotmail.com


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts