Art in Kidron


I haven't seen the sun for so long I forgot what it looks like. As a visual person these dark, deary days are not inspiring! But I am getting inspiration from the people I've been talking with -- fellow artists who share interests so that is fun and inspiring! You can go to our art community blog at www.kidronarts.blogspot.com to see what I am going to do with this photo. The tree grows beside the parking lot at Kidron Mennonite Church. I liked this image because the tree trunk looks a little worn and weary but the shadow is dancing! I think that is what art does to the inside of a person!


Also I've been tagged.



I am late in getting to this but here's the deal:

I was tagged by autumn at http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog.Tag 7 people and link to them.Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.


so my random, weird facts:

I have no sense of smell. This helps in the barn but hurts in the kitchen. The only time it really bothers me is when I am right in the kitchen and burn something on the stove! I tease my family that instead of a dinner bell we have a smoke alarm.

The above loss of my sense of smell likely came about in this way. When I was 4, I was playing that I was a horse. My sister held the reins (jump rope) that was wrapped around my waist as we ran down the sidewalk. The jump rope fell to my feet and made me land on my nose! Ouch! The docs said this probably caused nerve damage to the olfactory glands. I didn't break my nose but loss my ability to smell. It didn't hinder my interest in horses though. As you can see my horse crazy days go way back!

Most everything I paint must have purple in it. A painting does not look done to me until there is some purple somewhere.

(Do I have to do 7 weird facts??? This feels incriminating! :) ) I think I will leave you with these. Thats enough weirdness for now.

Okay I am tagging:

http://www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com/

http://recycledclay.blogspot.com/

http://www.joannelehman.blogspot.com/

http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com/

http://critterfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

I guess since I didn't post 7 weird or random facts I already broke the tagging rules so here's my list of people who've been tagged!

Comments

jafabrit said…
I don't see your email, could you email me:
jafgirlart@yahoo.com

I have a question regarding your experience with a gallery you showed in.

regards Corrine
Corrine,

I e-mailed you. My e-mail address is artbysue@hotmail.com I guess I better make it easier to find! :)
Anonymous said…
I just love strange tree photos. I have lots of them stored away on the computer. Some of the trees are twisted and grew large despite being bent out of shape. I think we can learn something from it. Maybe that should be another weird thing for me to post. I've been tagged several times and what is bad, is- I still have a lot of weird things I can post about me.Thanks for thinking of me on the tag.
LOL! I guess there isn't a limit on weirdness is there! :) Your particular brand of weirdness is refreshing. I love your thoughts about the twisted mishapen trees. The day I took that photo in particular the bare trees and shadows were so beautiful.

Popular Posts