Gallop! A Daily Painting

24 x 36 in oils on gallery wrap canvas






I spent most of this past week doing not so fun stuff like painting the walls of my new studio. I think I must of been saving up for this burst tonight when I got a chance to paint this large abstract horse in oils. It is on gallery wrap canvas and will be for sale at my new studio for First Friday.
This feels like a treat to myself for working hard! I hope the fun I had with it shows thru.
As you can see from the photos I sketched out the drawing in pastels and charcoal. I had a hard time deciding whether to do this in acrylics or oils or some mixed media combination but in the end decided to go with oils. Keep your fingers crossed it dries by Friday!! :)
equine and animal artist

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the movement. So dynamic.
John said…
Wow, you do some absolutely amazing work. Unfortunately one simply cannot appreciate the true quality of oil paintings without seeing it first-hand.

Popular Posts