Buff and Chocolate Colored Cocker Spaniels in Oil





Lucy and Rosie, a work in progress dog painting in oils

I am not quite half way done with this pretty pair of cocker spaniels.  I am working in thin layers of paint to bring richness and depth to the coat and expression. 

The dogs are named Lucy and Rosie.  The painting is 16 x 20 on a cradle board.  I am still developing the colors in the coats so be sure to stay tuned so you can see it completed.  Finished animal art and pet portraits can be seen at my web site at http://www.suesteiner.com/  If you are in the Canton art district be sure to stop by my studio above Second April Art Galerie at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW Canton, Ohio

Thanks for stopping by!
Sue Steiner
colorful dog, cat and horse paintings in oil

Comments

emily said…
so cool! i'm always impressed with how the layers of oil paintings come together

Popular Posts