Cat Commission 'Ying and Yang'

9 x 12 commissioned pet portrait in watercolor and pen and ink.




I painted this cat duo in wateroclor and pen and ink today. I stepped away from my oils and played with the watercolors for a change of pace! What fun! I hope you enjoy todays painting!

I offer watercolor as another option for people wanting to commission pet portraits. They have a different feel to them which can be so expressive! Watercolors can be completed in less time than the oils and therefore are less expensive. These types of portraits actually take quite a bit of restraint because what I find is I want to keep painting but the beauty often is in the clean lines and the suggestion rather than giving the viewer the whole story. I painted a couple versions before I arrived at what you see here as I refined what I needed to say and I kept the focus on the cats faces and the peacefulness of the pose.



If you are interested in commissioning me for a pet or horse portrait please e-mail me at artbysue@hotmail.com or stop by my web site at http://www.suesteiner.com/ and see more completed work and read about how to commission me for an original, one of a kind portrait of your own!



This week I will be in my Canton art studio during First Friday from 6:00- 10:00 pm. You can find me at 318 Cleveland Ave. Suite #222 on the second floor above Second April Art Gallerie in the Annex. You can come in thru the entrance by Arcadia Grille also. I am right at the top of the steps.



Thank you!

Sue Steiner

equine and animal artist

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely.
Sue, I really like the simplicity of this. We are going for a week's vacation friday to escape the snow, and I wasnt going to take anything that looked like work, but you have inspired me to take my little paintbox. Surely I could do some small simple works, while I loll around on the beach...
thank you Li and kathi. Kathi, enjoy your vacation. Oh to be able to escape the snow.... sounds heavenly! :)

Popular Posts