Promise of Spring in the Air






I am in from my morning chores. One of my favorite chores is the handling and feeding of my colt, Ricco. He's been out with the herd but since his feed requirements are higher than the rest of my group I single him out to make sure he gets what he needs. This also becomes a good time to do some handling. The feed becomes his reward and he is responding very well. Today while he munched on his grain I held the bucket for him and had time to just stand and feel the sun's rays on our backs. The air is cold, the ground still hard and frozen but the sun felt warm. Ahhhhh. The promise of spring was told to us as we felt the warmth. I listened to the birds sing anticipating spring and all the newness, freshness, hope that comes along with it.




I will leave you today with a tulip I did a few months ago. This is a watercolor/mixed media piece and will be offered for sale at my Open Studio during Canton's First Friday on March 6th. I am in my Canton studio every First Friday in suite #222 above Second April Art Gallerie on the corner of 4th and Cleveland Ave. If you come in the door by Arcardia Grill I am at the top of the stairs. Stop in and see my floral watercolor art along with animal and equine art. I am also available for pet portraits in oils or watercolors.




Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Hi Sue! I long for spring too! Love your lovely bright colors! Definitely makes me think of warmer days. :)
Hugs,
Sheri
Anonymous said…
Beautiful flower!
thank you Sheri and Liliannattel for stopping by. The forecast for today is high 40's and sun! Inching closer to spring. :)

Popular Posts