In the Middle of the Donkey Project...



I am right smack in the middle of this project as you can see.  These donkeys have been so much fun to paint.  I think thats because they are one of the most expressive animals.  What doesn't show up well in a computer image is all the texturing and layering that is going on in this.  I am wanting to convey a real life like softness to these animals. 

For those of you just stopping by this will be an outdoor mural on an exisitng barn.  It will be installed so it looks like the donkeys and barn cat are looking out an actual stall.   I met Susan, the person who commissioned me for this project at Lehman's.  She saw some of my work there done in a similar style.   I've been painting murals in the store and outside for the past couple of years. 

In the background of the photo above you can see another project I am working on as well.  This is similar in that it aslo will be an outdoor mural.  I will be painting a series of horses based on several special horses this family has owned over the years. 

This next week is a busy one for me.  On Sept. 1 I will be featured, along with 3 other artists at a special art exhibit titled 'Animal Instinct'.  This will be at Gallery 6000 at the Kent State Stark Univeristy Conference Center in North Canton. 

This week 'First Friday' rolls around again with the theme 'The Color of Music'.  I will have some abstract horse art with the theme- Finding your Rhythm with Abstract Art.  My studio is at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton, Ohio 44702 above Second April Art Galerie.   for more information on First Friday events go to http://www.cantonfirstfriday.com/  To see finished work by me please stop by http://www.suesteiner.com/

Thank you!
Sue Steiner
animal and equine artist

Comments

Popular Posts