Daily Painting- Goin' Fishin' in oils & New Horse in Graphite

Goin' Fishin', in oils, daily painting by Sue Steiner




I did this 'daily painting' over the weekend. It is of my son as a small boy fishing by our farm pond. The day was beautiful, the setting alive with the buzz of nature and full of interesting boy things- frogs and dragonflies, wiggly worms and dirt. The bright greens reflected in the water created such a pretty picture with my son waiting expectantly for the nibble on his fishing line.




Arab in Graphite work in progress by Sue Steiner


The sketch is one I started last night. I am thinking of doing this Arabian stallion in graphite, watercolor and oils to show the different mediums I work in and the different effects. I do pet and horse portrait commissions so to show the same pose in different mediums I think will be helpful for people to see as they choose what they like best.

The weather man is calling for warm temps and clear skies so my plans are to work some in my studio and get outside to ride my arabs today. We've had good footing and nice weather not often enough in the last few weeks so I am ready to ride more regularly again!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Trails!
Sue Steiner
Equine and animal artist

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's lovely.
thank you! :) It brings back nice memories.

Popular Posts