Fenced In, work in progress horse painting


I painted this last night... not done yet. I will add more light mane and highlights after the paint dries among other things. In my reference (this is my horse Ricco) there is a reflection of the white fence in his eye. I love that aspect of the photo and will see if I can incorporate that into this painting too. I liked the fuzzy fence in the background being repeated in his eye-- kind of a contrast between his wild and wooly mane and living within the confides of his fenced pasture. I ~know~ Ricco likes being domesticated-- no wild mountain lions in my backyard :) ... but that little bit of wildness that remains in every horse I think is part of their attraction.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the perspective and composition here. The close-up of the horse's face and the fence and the more open space way in the background.
Thank you! The composition jumped out at me too-- once the eye is finished it should add to what is already here so check back. I probably shouldn't post so much work as 'work in progress' art but I get inpatient for an audience. Thanks for the feedback!

Popular Posts