First's

Ricco summer of 08




The weather and time co-operated yesterday to give me an opportunity to have my first ride of spring. Ahhhh.... the world is just a better place on horseback! My mare Abbey was her usual sweet self. I have 2 others who I am looking forward to riding soon too. Eskie is my arab gelding and my preferred mount. I had a friend with me yesterday who also rode Abbey. Those two get along very well so I imagine this riding season my friend will ride Abbey. Thats the plan anyways-- lots and lots of riding, grooming and fussing! We also have Royal who is Ricco's momma. Time to get her back in the swing of things too!! So I have high hopes of lots of riding this summer in addition to continuing to work with my colt. Yesterday Ricco was introduced to the hose, as in getting his feet washed off since the temps were very spring like. He accepted it like a champ! The more I work with him the more I am seeing what a nice quiet disposition he has. He is definitely my cuddle bug and has not demonstrated any pushy or mouthy behavior which would not be unexpected in a young colt. I am grateful for this quality in him. I've had Abbey since birth who is now 15. I can't believe she is 15 already!!! I got to watch her being born which is something I won't ever forget.


Painting During Lehman's Art Festival, July 08




I am getting ready today also to participate in Canton's First Friday in my art studio. I am bringing my portable easel and will set up in the large hallway outside my space and continue to paint Iggy, a handsome thoroughbred gelding owned and loved by Sarah. 'Iggytots' as he is known by his friends, lives in Kentucky.





Alpaca Art painted during Aug. 08 First Friday

I got broke in early on to painting in public when I did the life sized murals at Lehman's during store hours. I am grateful now for that experience because doing public painting demos are by far one of the most enjoyable things I do. Last year I painting a oversized alpaca on the sidewalk by the Ohio Arts and Crafts Guild in Canton during an outdoor concert.





To see my studio stop by during any First Friday at 318 Cleveland Ave. #222 Canton, Ohio in the arts district downtown.




To see more animal art, horse and pet portraits go to http://www.suesteiner.com/
I offer pet portraits in oils or watercolors.




Thanks for stopping by!
Sue Steiner
Equine and Animal Artist

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's nice to have a taste of spring! I'm glad to hear that your experience with the murals has turned out to be so useful.
yes, I am so glad for the spring-like weather!!!

Popular Posts