clydesdales painting has begun....




I won't post full WIP pics of my latest painting of the Budweiser Clydesdales because I want people who come to my grand opening to be surprised. But I'll tell you about it! :)




I want this painting to be big and larger than life (metaphorically speaking since these are BIG horses!!) The board is 7 x 4 ft. I had to cut a foot off the top when I realized I wasn't going to be able to bring it inside and prop it upright because my ceilings are 8 ft tall!!




I arrived at a composition and did the sketch in chalk. I was able to block in a portion of it so we are on our way!




I thought it would be fun to show just pieces of this painting and make you guess what it will look like! So here we go:


If you are just stopping by for the first time I am getting ready for the Grand Opening of my new art studio at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW #207, Canton, Ohio above Second April Art Gallery. The Budweiser Clydesdales are coming for June's First Friday which just happens to be when my Grand Opening is! So I am celebrating by painting a large, colorful 7 ft by 4 ft. painting of these beautiful horses. What else is an equine artist to do? :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Sue Steiner

Comments

Popular Posts