Prized Herd Sire Commission




I have been working on this commission for a little bit now. I had to put it aside during the move to my new studio. I was at the point where I needed to do the detail work and moving makes me too frazzled to do this delicate stuff. I need quiet. Today I was able to get back to work on it and had a very good painting session. I told my client I am heading into the homestretch now with this!


One of the things I have really enjoyed about this painting is the muscles and bulk of this bull. I enjoy the anatomy of the animals. One thing you learn caring for animals and especially large animals is to be observant of their habits and body language. I have a horse who is quite stoic who a few years ago was beginning to colic but hardly let on. Luckily we noticed the subtle differences and got her taken care of with no problems. That was a good lesson to me to really be on the ball for the little ways in which animals let on what is going on with them.


I have a couple new commissions I will be working on when this is finished that I am eager to share with you. I also will be celebrating the Grand Opening of my art studio, White Horse Studio during June's First Friday. Rumor has it that the Budweiser Clydesdales will be there so I want to get a painting of them done in time too. Gotta get busy!!!


Thanks for stopping by!


equine and animal art

pet and horse portraits

Comments

Popular Posts