Figure Painting Work in Progress



16 x 20 oils, work in progress figurative painting




This is a new piece I am working on for an upcoming art exhibit. I've been wanting to do more figurative/portrait work in this looser, more expressive style so I am enjoying doing this human figure painting for a chance of pace. I am more familiar with horse anatomy then human anatomy so I feel like I am still in the learning curve here but hey, that's why I am painting, right? I still need to do quite a bit of shaping -- I am getting my road map in place and where I go from there I am not sure. Stay tuned! :)
To see finished work go to http://www.suesteiner.com or stop by my studio at Second April Art Gallerie in Canton, Ohio. This should be done and in my studio in time for July's First Friday and Open Studios.
thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Very nice! Her expression and hair are done exceptionally well.
thank you Peggi. This is going thru some stages were I love it and then hate it so I am not sure where it will end up! LOL! Appreciate your encouraging comment. I want to keep it loose so we'll see if I can find the right spot to stop! :)

Popular Posts