Rescue Horse Update

Growth, Progress

Day 1


Day 5




2 months later








I thought I would post some before and after pics of my rescue horse, Boomerang. She was renamed this after I rescued her a couple months ago for the second time. She's the horse that keeps coming back to me and the one who now has a permenant home with me. I think she deserves it. I raised her as a foal and feel responsible for what happens to her. She is the reason why I would never breed again -- she is the poster child for what can happen with well bred horses when markets fall or trends change.... she is a full blooded arabian, papered, from good bloodlines, professionally trained, showed and beautiful-- a well put together horse but fell into hard times twice! Hard, hard times. She also is the inspiration behind the name of my art studio 'White Horse Studio'. I think she is beautiful, quirky, smart and challenging. She is kind of hot headed and spooky but sweet and kind and gentle. She's fun. She is also my muse- my
backyard diva.



White Horse Studio on my First Day, about 2 months ago



One of my first paintings from 2005 of Boomerang before I sold her to the home she just came back from.




A recent horse portrait I did as a commission

Thanks for stopping by!




equine and animal art
pet portraits











Comments

What a transformation Sue! It had to be heartbreaking to see her starving like that... but so rewarding to see her making gains.
It is hard NOT to help them, isn't it? Read about our Percheron rescue www.cedarknolldrafthorses.blogspot.com.
Kathi, Yeah, it was rough seeing ehr in that bad of shape but I figured she'd bounce back pretty well-- I knew I got her in time. I am thankful I knew-- sometimes you don't know. Once a horse leaves you don't always know.

Its fun watching her respond-- physically and emotionally. The farrier was out today and she did so good. My farrier is so kind -- I think she could sense he was a nice guy so that helped. He was interested in making it a good experience for her and I really appreciated that.
Cedar Knoll, I will read about your rescue. Love percherons!!

I know I can't save them all but I could not of walked away from this horse. I feel responsible for her-- rescued her dam as a lame, pregnant, starved broodmare and just could not see the cycle continuing with her.
Cedar Knolls-bless you! I am rooting for Norman. I have a very soft spot for drafts-- they seem to find their way into my artwork just because it is such a thrill to see them in the fields but my heart goes out to Norman for giving his all and to be hurting and in need right now! E-mail me Cedar Knoll at www.cedarknolldrafthorses.blogspot.com if you see this. Thank you.

Please go to the percheron rescue blog at www.cedarknolldrafthorses.blogspot.com

Popular Posts