Wildlife Art in Oils, 'Elk'


Ahhh, I am back to painting and it feels SO good! Its only been a few days but I really miss it when I don't paint.


I completed the elk painting that I was working on before Christmas. This wildlife painting in oils was given as a gift and then brought back so I could do some final touches. It was cutting things too close for it to be completed and dried I didn't want to take a chance and rush thru and risk smeared paint.


On my easle I also have a portrait of my daughter when she was about 5. I will be working on it some more today and post WIP pics tomorrow of her. I am thinking this will be entered into a art contest/exhibit/fundraiser for a domestic voilence organization in the area. I hope I can part with it. I know it is a good cause and their is a personal story that goes along with the image that I will tell when I finish the painting.

To see completed work go to http://www.suesteiner.com
Thanks for stopping by.
Sue

Comments

So lovely Sue, and you've got the antlers looking all velvety. I like your choices of colors and values. The recipient must be really pleased.
Thank you Kathi. I was alittle nervous about the landscape background since I am not much of a landscape artist so this was a good one to work on in that area. I hope to do more landscape backgrounds this next year.

Popular Posts