Wildlife Art


'Elk' 12 x 18 'Work in Progress' Oil Painting
This will be someone's Christmas present this year. I am putting my nose to the grind stone to get several commissions done, this being one of them and my deadlines are coming up fast! Plus I have to factor in drying and shipping time. I am still pretty early on in the process as I am just getting the ground work in place. I like to block in the lights and darks and get the canvas covered then I go in and begin to refine areas. In this paitning the background will stay loose because I want the focus to be on the elk so that is where I will put in the crisp details. My hope is to get the feeling of a morning walk in the woods where you happen about this amzing creature.
To see finished work go to http://www.suesteiner.com/
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts