Artistic Appetite





I was looking over the paintings I've done in the last few weeks and thinking of what to do next. I began to think of it as a hunger. What am I yearning for now? Another child's portrait or a flower, horse, donkey, wildlife? What will satisfy this grumbling inside now? Muted and subdued, serious or colorful, playful and wild? An intricate combination drawing and watercolor that I leave half undone that people seem to like? (Which is fine by me by the way!)* :) Big, small, oil or watercolor? Graphite or color? Am I more hungry for 'values' or 'hues'? Strong shapes or gentle suggestions? Crunchy with lots of texture or smooth as silk? Buttery, comfort or spicy, adventure?

* I had some 'work in progress' paintings at my studio to show people considering pet portraits and commissions. Someone came in and bought all my 'unfinished' work. :) Gosh if I had only known that I could of only painted 1/2 way thru and stopped right there!


Oh, so many choices.


I have a couple thing to finish but looking ahead to the next painting. I may 'snack' on a few things in between or wait for the gourmet meal. I'll let you know whether it was filling, tasty or not enough!
Take care!
equine and animal artist

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Someone came in and bought all my 'unfinished' work."

Congratulations!!
LOL! That sounds better than it was.... They bought the unfinished paintings in my art studio in Canton that I brought in as 'work in progress' pics to show people how I do pet portraits. I have a home 'working studio' with all my other stuff.

Popular Posts