I made a Wish....




and my daughter came true! This work in progress portrait is in honor of my daughter. In this painting she is about 5. She is soon to be 17 and growing into a beautiful, thoughtful, strong young woman and I could not be more proud of her. She has been my delight (as well as my other children) since the day she was born! My daughter is the kind of person who lights up a room so I like the dramatic lighting in this portrait. It is very fitting for her.


I still have a ways to go with this I think. I am letting it evolve and just hope I know when to stop! :) I want it to be loose so the danger will be in overworking it.


I've been away from painting for several days and it feels SO good to be painting again. I am not lying, I think painting is a necessity for me from now on! LOL! I am helpless to stopping!


I have lots of ideas for new artwork. My schedule opens up next week so I can get back into my studio on a regular basis so anticpate new artwork and work in progress pics. I like to have new work in my studio for the First Friday art events in downtown Canton. I am in suite #222 at 318 Cleveland Ave. above Second April Art Gallerie.


Thanks for stopping by! To see finished work go to http://www.suesteiner.com/

Sue Steiner

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm looking forward to seeing this painting as it evolves & your other ones! Hurray for space & time!
Yes! Feels good to be back in my studio. Thanks for following along. :)
Unknown said…
It is always so neat to hear you talk about your children--You so enjoy them and the adventures that they carry you into! That joy comes through in the painting. You are one amazing artist!

BZTAT
Anonymous said…
I've been memed. Now you're memed.

Popular Posts