The Bus had one more stop...




A few days ago I used talked about a quote that compared working on a painting to riding a train and that as an artist you have the choice to get off at any stop along the way. I have been working on my daughter's portrait and just did not know if I had it yet or not... had I gone too far and missed my stop by taking it from a 'loose' more expressive painting toward a more realistic rendering and missed the spontaneity and freedom? Or had I left it undone and unfinished looking? Well today I think I found my 'stop'. I got some new oil paints in the mail the other day and one of them was a transparent orange red oxide which is just what I needed to warm up my daughter's face. What I had here before was too heavy and when I would go in to warm the skin tone up I was losing my layers so I felt a little stuck. This transparent paint made a very nice light glaze that was what I needed to bring more life to her face. Ahhhh.... I am much happier with this now.


I am ready to move on... I want to do another horse painting and begin work on my son's portrait. I've done a few flowers to fill in the time while I am waiting to begin something more 'filling'. I will take those to my studio's Feburary Open Studio since Valentine's Day is just around the corner.


I also have on my easle the (mini) horse and rider (driver) portrait I am working on. I am hoping to finish that soon and post it here.


Take care! Thanks for stopping by!

Sue Steiner

Painting Faces, Expression and Emotion in Vibrant Color!

equine and animal portraits



Comments

Hello Sue, everything is so beautiful. You've been staying very busy and that's always a good thing!

I wanted to ask you to visit my image blog, A Vintage Collection. When you come to my Queen of Dreamsz blog you will see a button for it and it'll take you to it.

And I have buttons that you can put on your sidebar, if you would honor me. :0) There are two different buttons to choose from for the image blog. I have such a massive vintage collection that I decided to start sharing alot of it..Hope you'll drop by for a visit leave me a comment so I know you've come by.

Have a grand week,
Stephanie
Stephanie,

I did put your blog 'button' on my links page on my web site at http://www.suesteiner.com/other_links.php

I have a 'button' their of my own if you'd be so kind to link back to me! :)

Take care and enjoy your cabin in the woods! Sounds wonderful!

Popular Posts