Irises, finished!




This is a commission that a regular to my studio in Canton had asked me to do a couple months ago. This painting is based on Van Gogh's 'Irises' painting. That alone is kind of intimidating. I think too the idea of all those irises kind of kept me from moving forward on this after I got about half way thru. I ended up hitting the wire for a deadline so just plunged back into it. A funny thing happened as I did. I discovered that the faster I worked and the more I gobbed paint on the better those irsies were looking! Maybe that is my own delusion but hopefully I learned something this! :) I will be able to take this to my studio tonight for First Friday-- wet but it will be there!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great 4th of July!


faces, animals, pets, horses and flower artist!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to go! And the painting is lovely.
Angela said…
It's beautiful!
ViolaMoni said…
What a beautiful painting!!I really like it!
Hugs from Italy!

Popular Posts