daily painting updates


'Ballerina', oils, 6 x 6 cradle board

mini 4 x 5 canvases in oils



'Grazing' oils, 11 x 14 canvas




Here is a recap of recent paintings and final touches. My goal in these daily paintings are to paint 'allprima' or all in one sitting, wet on to wet oil paint, drawing directly on the canvas.



I intend to take some of my favorites and develop into larger paintings so these serve as a study and as practise. I am enjoying the opportunity to 'play' with the paint and just do what feels good rather than be concerned with being constricted to copying from straight a photo. I like that I can put my own twist on it. Today I intend to paint some of the trees outside my door. Theya re a lovely red orche color against a grey blue sky.
I will have these at my art studio in Canton above Second April Art Gallerie during November's First Friday. You can find me at 318 Cleveland Ave. #222 by the Arcadia Grill entrance.

Comments

Hi Sue, I found your blog about a week ago after readng on MJF and I really enjoy checking in daily to see your latest. It is a great inspiration for me. At one time I was working with acrylics, but allowed work and life to interrupt! You really make me want to dig out my brushes. Keep on painting! And posting. :)
Thank you Sheri for following along! I know how life can get in the way of creative endeavors but highly recommend you pick up your brushes again! :) If you ever care to share I'd love to see what you are doing.
Tina Leavy said…
so very nice Sue. way to go.

Popular Posts