Finished Abstract Wire Horse





The wire multi-colored abstract horse above had to photographed at an angle due to the glare from the reflective paint. The colors are a rich mettalic with purples, browns, coppery red and golds with touched of the teal blue.


This was a fun departure over what I've been doing.


Tomorrow I begin painting the fabric panels for the advent project. I dyed the fabric a light china blue and let the fabric crumple so the dye took unevenly- which is what I want. I will layer on deeper cobalt blues and purples since the design is of a large van gogh-ish starry sky.
Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

This is wonderful! Both a sculpture and a painting in one lovely piece. How did you fasten the wire to the support?
Thanks Kathi. I just glued it down with clear tacky glue but I think next time I will take mroe care in getting the wire flatter so there is more contact on the canvas and maybe use a heavy bodied medium. I also will paint the interior of the wire before gluing down. I couldn't get nice fluid brushtrokes so I stopped painting. I also thought it would be fun to mix somthing like this up with some paper collage.... oh so many ideas.... I can't veer off too much until I get mya dvent stuff done and I have a couple commissions I need to put some attention to. Directing creative flow is not always so easy, is it?

Are you doing more acrylics? I'll have to stop by your blog to see what you are up to. :)

Popular Posts