Desert Horse WIP continues...






I got to do a little more on this last night. With my daily paintings up to this point I've enjoyed just doing them fast and moving on. I am slowing down with this one-- partly out of necessity since I have other projects I need to get done but also because I want to develop this one a little more-- give it a chance to grow on me. This is a white arabian horse in its native environment. I am wanting to really play up the colors in this one-- let the warm background and cool colored shadows be reflected in the white horse's coat. I should have this done for December's First Friday in Canton. Stop by suite #222 above Arcardia Grille and Second April Art Gallerie!
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Turned out beautifully. I love the understated background, the angle of the horse and the simplified shadow. Theres no excess of anything in this painting...even tho its peaceful and quiet its a real eye grabber.
thank you kathi! I am still working on it though but am thrilled you like it as is. That tells me I don't need to do much. I like the starkness and am striving to have the attitude of 'less is more' on some of these paitnigns so I may just finish the face and call it done.
oh forgive my terrible typos!! LOL! You'd think I could spell --painting-- after all!

Popular Posts