WIP, Horse in Oil, A Painting A Day

'A Painting A Day' Work in Progress


I thinned some burnt sierra oil paint with turpentine and did a thin wash over the canvas.


In this photo you can see I have begun to refine the outline some more and also laid down the darks and lights.

I continue to laid down darks and lights. The front right fore leg was not quite right so I rubbed it out. I'll get back to it. I am working on the hind legs first so that I can use them as landmarks for the fore legs.







I have put in the darks in the background.



I begin putting in some mid tones and lights in the background. This is where I stopped tonight.

Thanks for following along with my painting a day project. Stop back by or subscribe to my blog to see how this develops!
Sue Steiner










Comments

Popular Posts