Daily Painting





I am still painting daily, only now it is the walls of my new studio! LOL! No where near as fun as painting horses or people on panels! Why I am such a messy painter, I don't know either... I was thinking of that yesterday as I am trying to paint the trim and woodwork without slopping paint all over. For those of you in the area I am revamping my art studio in Canton getting ready for November's First Friday. My walls will hopefully be freshly painted and I am redesigning my set up to maximize my space.
In addition to the daily paintings, watercolors and acrylics I also will have new 'mini' art, paintings on 4 x 5 canvases. They look great on a desk or counter and are a great way to collect affordable original art.


The oil painting you see above will be given away in a drawing for those stopping by my studio or blog. The watermark is not on the original. Submit your e-mail and I will draw a winner on Monday. You can do this privately by e-mailing me at artbysue@hotmail.com , leaving a comment here or stopping by my studio at 318 Cleveland Ave. Suite #222, Canton, Ohio. I am above Second April Art Gallerie on the corner of 4th and Cleveland or the Arcadia Grill entrance to the 'annex'. If this is confusing just get to Second April Art Gallerie and follow the animal and equine art signs to my studio.
To see more of my work go to my web site at http://www.suesteiner.com/
Thanks!
Sue

Comments

Hi Sue I like the bright unlikely colors you have used in the apple picture.
I am still trying to figure out strategies for attempting an acrylic painting...On Mondays oil horse step by step, would that same tecnique have worked using acrylics?
kathi,

I'll add you to the drawing for the apple painting.

As far as working witha crylics, yes, that same technique would work with acrylics. Acrylics just dry faster. I just go from painting the background and large shapes or blocking, working my way to the smaller shapes and details.

If you go to http://www.wetcanvas.com they often have work in progress pics. I more or less taught myself how to paint by going to that forum. There is an acrylic forum and a mural forum as well as many others. Any of the forums are great and the people are usually very helpful. I could not of painted my murals without the help of the a couple of the woman there. They were so helpful!

You also can see in the slideshow on this blog of my big mural painting how I blocked in first. I'd be glad to offer any help I can.

Popular Posts